Thursday, November 25, 2010

Your first Thanksgving

Well baby girl, today is my first Thanksgiving as a daddy.  You are still in the hospital in Houston, but mommy and daddy came to visit.  Mommy painted your hand brown and pressed it onto some paper to make "hand turkeys" for our family.  You watched the parade and dog show on t.v. and smiled and laughed.  You have your heart surgery set for Monday.  The doctors hope that you will get better and have you at least in a hospital near home, if not at home, by your first Christmas.  Daddy has to go back home Tuesday and Wednesday and will bring back the tree and ornaments just in case we are still here for Christmas.  You are so beautiful and precious I just want you back home, but your health is more important.  Don't worry though, we will have many happy holiday seasons to go as you grow up.  I will see you tomorrow, as I do almost everyday.  Love, daddy.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you and your beautiful family had a happy Thanksgiving! I am praying that everything goes well with the surgery Monday and for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete