Wednesday, September 22, 2010

When I first heard about you

Mommy had left for Texas to take care of Grandma McKinney while I was in Utah taking care of Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Bushak.  After 2 weeks, mom called and said "We're going to have a baby."  I didn't know what to think except "Wow, I'm gonna be a daddy."  A while later, maybe a month, mommy sent me the first sonogram picture.  I was so excited.  Even though me and mommy were 2000 miles apart, we were closer than ever.  We talked and e-mailed alot.  We picked names.  When mommy told me you were a girl I got very excited, but a little scared because I know what boys are like and had no idea about raising a daughter.  When I moved to Texas you were already for me.  When you would kick mommy, I would just rub her belly and whisper to you "it's alright, daddy's here."  You must have remembered that because after you were born and flown to Corpus Christy, I showed up in the NICU just before you're first surgery.  You grabbed my finger with your left hand and looked up at me and I said, "it's alright, daddy's here."  I'll never forget that look that you're beautiful eyes gave me.  So no matter what happens in your whole life just remember, "It's alright, daddy's here."

No comments:

Post a Comment